11 replies to this topic

#1 alliex

alliex

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 03:52 AM

Assalam Allikum,

Bismillah,

I said my shahadad (the thing you say to become a Muslim) I said it in front of a Muslim. I was wondering was this the correct procedure. I am worried because there is people who say you must go to a mosque to say your Shahadad. What is the correct procedure?

Wasalam

#2 wel_mel_2

wel_mel_2

• Members
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE(alliex @ Nov 23 2006, 03:52 AM)  

Assalam Allikum,

Bismillah,

I said my shahadad (the thing you say to become a Muslim) I said it in front of a Muslim. I was wondering was this the correct procedure. I am worried because there is people who say you must go to a mosque to say your Shahadad. What is the correct procedure?

Wasalam

Allahu Akbar... Allah is the Greatest.

Congratulation for uttering your SHAHADAH (declaration of faith) and welcome to Islam. smile.gif

Here is the right pronunciation in Arabic along with its meaning.

"ASH-HADU ANLA ELAHA ILLA-ALLAH (I bear witness that there is no other god worthy of worship except Allah)
WA ASH-HADU ANNA MOHAMMADAN RASUL-ALLAH". (And I bear witness that Muhammad is Allah's messenger)

it is not necessary for you to go to the mosque in order for you to become a Muslim, the moment you utter these words with conviction (preferably infront of 2 witnesses) then you have entered into of Islam.

You may read this article for further explanation insah'Allah. How to become a Muslim

If you need anything else do let us know
Salam
Wael.

"...he (i.e. Muhammad) was one of the most remarkable human beings who ever lived." Karen Armstrong [Muhammad: A biography of the Prophet] P. 11-12

#3 alliex

alliex

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 11:29 PM

Bismillah,

Thank you for that. I converted two years ago but I was un sure if I did my shahadah incorrectly. I recitied it in front of one Muslim person not two. I know in the Qu'ran it says about witnessess that you need two when signing for documents etc. So I thought may be you need to do that when you say the Shahadah, so I was wondering if I had to say it again.

Wasalam

#4 wel_mel_2

wel_mel_2

• Members
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 12:21 AM

Bismillah:

QUOTE(alliex @ Nov 23 2006, 11:29 PM)  

Bismillah,

Thank you for that. I converted two years ago but I was un sure if I did my shahadah incorrectly. I recitied it in front of one Muslim person not two. I know in the Qu'ran it says about witnessess that you need two when signing for documents etc. So I thought may be you need to do that when you say the Shahadah, so I was wondering if I had to say it again.

Wasalam

Oh, so I was very late smile.gif sorry for that.

In anyway brother, we do renew our faith every single day more than 5 times when we perform our Salah by declaring that there is no other god but Allah and Muhammad is His messenger.

May Allah protect you and all Muslims from every evil thing. Ameen.

Salam
Wael

"...he (i.e. Muhammad) was one of the most remarkable human beings who ever lived." Karen Armstrong [Muhammad: A biography of the Prophet] P. 11-12

#5 Muslimah

Muslimah

• Admin
  • 8,586 posts
  • Interests:Serving Allah

Posted 24 November 2006 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE(wel_mel_2 @ Nov 24 2006, 12:21 AM)  

Bismillah:

In anyway brother, we do renew our faith every single day more than 5 times when we perform our Salah by declaring that there is no other god but Allah and Muhammad is His messenger.

May Allah protect you and all Muslims from every evil thing. Ameen.

Salam
Wael

Wael, alliex is a dear sister biggrin.gif

Say (O Muhammad): "O you humankind! If you are in doubt as to my religion (Islam), then (know that) I will never worship those whom you worship, besides Allah. But I worship Allah Who causes you to die, I am commanded to be one of the believers.(Quran 10:104)

#6 wel_mel_2

wel_mel_2

• Members
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 09:16 AM

Bismillah.

QUOTE(Muslimah @ Nov 24 2006, 08:14 AM)  

Wael, alliex is a dear sister biggrin.gif

You know me i always mess things up. sorry for that sister Alliex. biggrin.gif

Salam
Wael

#7 alliex

alliex

• Members
  • 281 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 04:16 AM

Bismillah,

Thats okay

#8 Muslimah

Muslimah

• Admin
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 12:34 PM

Bismillah
alliex, wael will not be able to reply soon as he will be in hospital for 2 weeks.
Say (O Muhammad): "O you humankind! If you are in doubt as to my religion (Islam), then (know that) I will never worship those whom you worship, besides Allah. But I worship Allah Who causes you to die, I am commanded to be one of the believers.(Quran 10:104)

#9 Dan

Dan

• Members
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Islam, exercising, reading- both fiction and nonfiction, but mostly nonfiction.

Posted 27 November 2006 - 03:45 PM

Bismillah
As Salam alaikum

May Allah Grant him patience and sheefa'

As Salam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu
You who believe! Have fear of Allah and seek the means of drawing near to Him, and strive in His Way, so that hopefully you will be sucessful. (5:35)

#10 radiyah

radiyah

• Members
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:34 AM

Bismillah

Tahooor insha'Allah smile.gif Purification of sins insha'Allah

Salam
In the Name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful:

"Say: If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful* Say: Obey Allah and the Apostle; but if they turn back, then surely Allah does not love the unbelievers.* (Al-Imran 31,32)

Allahuma Make my Love to YOU Greater than my love to myself family and the cold water

#11 Muslimah

Muslimah

• Admin
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 01:09 PM

ameen ameen ameen

#12 PUPPET

PUPPET

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 06:48 AM

SUbhanlallah/

wow

biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users