Essentials of Ramadan
The Month of Fasting
Tajuddin B. Shuaib
#Essentials of Ramadan : [O You who Believe, fear Allah. And let every soul look to what it has sent on for tomorrow.
Fear Allah, surely #Allah is well-acquainted with what you do.
And do not be like those who forgot Allah, so He made them forget their own souls.
Such are the rebellious transgressors.]
About The Book and the Author
Tajuddin B. Shu aib
This is an in-depth resume of the essential rules and laws on the Fiqh of fasting designed to provide the reader with explana-tion
for both spiritual and physical significance and uniqueness of this remarkable act of worship.
Sheikh Shu’aib clarifies ma-jor point on fasting.
His focus is relevance of this divine disci-pline on to the life and living as well as the interpretation of related text on #Fasting based on Al-Qur’an and the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah (saas).
This book serves as a guide and reference on courses on #Islamic studies.
SHEIKH TAJUDDIN B. SHIT AIB born in Accra, Republic of Ghana West Africa.
He received his Islamic education at Is-lamic University Median, Saudi Arabia.
While in England in 1976 he joined the Muslim Educational Trust in London and was put in charge of Islamic studies program in the City of Lu-ton.
He came to United States of America in 1977 and worked with the world community of Islam in the West at the organiza-tions west coast headquarters.
In 1981 he was co-fonder of Masjid As-Salaam and Islamic studies center where he is work-ing now as the director and the Imam.
Sheikh Stufaib is an Is-lamic educator and has travelled to several states to deliver lec-tures in Masajid and Universities.
He has also made several radio and television appearances and interviewed by Time magazine.
He is the author of the now famous book The Pre-scribed #Prayer Made Simple
I have many people to thank for their assistance.
Sister Linda El-Amin processed the manuscript.
Brother Shafiq Qasim read the entire book.
Sister Muslimah and Muhammad Alaby and her Dr.
Isma’il Abdul Karim provided fresh per- spectives and fine editorial counsel.
I am indebted to sheikh Ibrahim M.
Al Habr director of Masjid Ibn Taymiyyah, Los Angeles California and Imam Ghurmallah A. Al-Ghamdi, Imam Masjid Riverside, California for their technical and scho-lastic inputs.
I want to express my appreciation to every person who contributed with either inspirational or actual work with this book.
I pray to Allah that He rewards each a beatify re-ward.
The Messenger of Allah (saas) reported in a Hadith Al-Qudsi that Allah said:
“All services of the son of Adam are for him except fast-ing, It is for Me, and I will reward him for it.” (Buk-hari/Muslim)
Essentials of Ramadan : Table of contents
- The Month of Fasting : Introduction
- Fasting (Siyaam)
- The Merits of Fasting
- Bad Breath
- What is Ramadan ?
- Legal Status of Ramadan
- Ascertaining the Crescent (Hilal)
- International Sighting
- Basic Elements of Fasting
- The Seat of the Niyyah
- For Whom is Fasting Mandatory?
- Elderly People -(Harim)
- Physical Disability (Al-Ajiz)
- Feeding (Itaam)
- Pregnant And Nursing Mothers
- The Traveler
- The Non-Terminally Ill
- Breaking Fast to Save Life
- Redemption of Ramadan (Al-Qada)
- Days in Which Fasting is Prohibited
- Voluntary Fast – Tatawwu’u
- Fasting and Breaking Fast
- Permission Regarding Voluntary Fast
- Rules of Fasting (Adab as-Siyam)
- Oral Hygiene
- The Use of Toothpaste
- Categories of Fasters
- Recitation of Al-Qur’an (Tilawatul Qur’an)
- Du’aa of Recitation of the Entire Qur’an (Du’a Khatmil Qur’an)
- Striving in Devotion in the Last Ten Days of Ramadan
- Things Permitted During Fast
- Things Permitted to the Faster as Un-avoidable
- Nullifiers of the Fast
- Conditions of Fast Breakers
- Duties After Ramadan
- Muslims Near the North or South Pole
- The Night of Power
- Achieving the Essence of Obedience
- What Constitutes Innovation (Bid’ah)?
- Ramadan Nightly Prayer (Taraweeh)
- The Wisdom behind Fasting
- Comparison between the Fasting in Islam and Other Religions
- Bidding the Month Farewell
- The Battle of Badr
- Conquest of Makkah
- The Elements of Victory
- Retreat (Al-I’etikaaf)
- The Lesser Hajj (‘Umrah)
End of Article : Essentials of Ramadan The Month of Fasting